2005-11-28

the more you change, the less you feel...

so I was talking with my friend Brendan about this line in the song "Tonite, Tonite" by the Smashing Pumpkins, and at first I said I disagree with that, but after talking about some ideas with him I'm not so sure... well, I guess I would still say maybe it doesn't HAVE to be the case, but often is the case.

It got me thinking... lately sort of traditional worship, the familiar songs and words and such, have been really kind of cold for me. I don't know if that is because my heart is cold towards worship in general, if that PRESENTATION has become more sort of sterile to me, or what. I don't know. I mean, in thinking about life, I feel like certain other types of things inspire me greatly to worship God, seeing the lives of the people around me, nature, other sorts of music, certain scripture, etc... but that sort of traditional guy with a guitar singing "Here I Am To Worship" type songs has lost a lot of its ability to stir my heart, and I don't know if that is a problem on my part or just me changing or what... I know I have changed a LOT in the last two and a half years... so much that I almost don't recognize who I was before sometimes... I think this issue deserves some quiet contemplation and prayer... time to talk with my heart and my God and see what's happening.

1 comment:

  1. click
    http://www.westhillsfriends.org

    click
    archive

    tell me what you think

    ReplyDelete