2006-01-17

no manure, no magic

I was reminded again this week that without difficulty in life, we don't get the magic of pure joy... I kind of wanted to say more than that, but I couldn't think of a good way to say it, so I'll just leave it at that. It's a good thing to remember.

as a side note, this is one of those questions that I don't think I'll ever adequately answer in this life - why did we have to fall and become sinful and suffer? Was there something about us that wasn't complete until having that experience? Was God looking for more glory for saving a fallen mankind? Honestly, sometimes I am pretty sure I don't understand anything about anything, except there are two things I am very clear on... I am to love God and love people... and my heart aches and burns to do just that... so I do... and that is enough, I think...

"let me lay down in this field, stare up at the sky
I hope these days and clouds turn into something as they pass us by
and maybe you could settle for a skyline faded blue
I hope that you might settle for this love I have for you..."

"did you leave me unbreakable?
did you leave me frozen?
I've never felt so cold
I thought you were silent
I thought you'd left me
for the wreckage and the waste
on an empty beach of faith
was it true?"

thank you God that even though I don't understand a lot of what you do, I know you are with me and I know you love me, and that is enough for me - and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment