2006-03-10

why?

this world is so fucked up and I get so overwhelmed sometimes with the sheer weight of pain and sadness running rampant all over the world... everyone has so much pain and baggage and it just kills my heart... I can't express the feeling in my heart just thinking of the people we know who are hurting and broken and are SOOOO dear to us... not to mention our own issues... it just makes me think... why? why does our world have to be SOOOO FUCKING PAINFUL?

and I know there are a million and a half answers to that question... but sometimes when you are in the middle of all the shit, they just seem so inadequate... and that's ok... it's ok to hurt and to feel and to not understand sometimes...

"How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, {Having} sorrow in my heart all the day? How long will my enemy be exalted over me? Consider {and} answer me, O LORD my God; Enlighten my eyes, or I will sleep the {sleep of} death, And my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," {And} my adversaries will rejoice when I am shaken. But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, Because He has dealt bountifully with me." -Psalm 13

Be still and know He is God... sometimes it suffices just to know that He is - and you don't need anything, a word or a sign or a miracle - it is enough just to know that He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment