2007-06-14

walking...

walking is really therapeutic for me. I could just spend hours wandering aimlessly around SE Portland looking at flowers and houses and people and the sky and the ground... also, history is somehow really fascinating to me too, so I love finding those sidewalk pieces that have the company that laid the sidewalk imprinted in it, along with the year it was laid. Today I saw ones that were between 1907 and 1927. I also like to imagine as I'm walking around that I'm in the forties or fifties and I imagine what it might look like, smell like, sound like, what kind of people would be there... sometimes I imagine I'm in a J.D. Salinger book and I imagine what he would describe. Today I also saw a house that had lots of birds and flowers and trees (notably dogwood) painted all over the front porch area of the house, and a real dogwood tree, and a white 1970's VW Beetle up on jacks in somebody's driveway, and a few cats, and a sidewalk impression (of the maker and year) that I hadn't seen before. all in all, quite a nice walk, just between Powell and Division and 39th and 33rd and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment