2008-01-27

a bit about cello...

well, my cello has been in the shop for about a month, and for several months prior to that, I didn't play it much, because the bridge was warped something fierce, and I was afraid it would snap. but, I got it back this weekend, and I've been playing it quite a bit. I'm so excited, in fact, that I'm going to risk exposing just how not that good I am, and/or how out of practice I am, by posting a quick recording I just made of the Menuetto I & II from J.S. Bach's 1st Cello Suite. I actually cut it a little bit short (as you're supposed to repeat Menuetto I again), but I figure you'll forgive me :) Hope you enjoy! If the little player thing doesn't work for you, you can also link directly to the mp3 here.








2 comments:

  1. i love hearing you play, friend. it tickles my spirit and makes me roll around in glee. or something. its beautiful. i look forward to hearing you more now that you have the goods again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me happy to hear that good ole cello once again!! Man do I love that sound!! Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete