2008-01-10

lately...

a few things have been going on lately... we had Trina's sister, Carmen, up with us for a week after New Year's, and we had a lot of fun with her. we had a couple of fantastic cooking nights just after she left - we made Pot Au Feu one night, with beef tenderloin and carrots, parsnips, golden beets, leek, cippolini onions, and brussels sprouts, with horseradish mashed potatoes. The next night I stopped by Pix Patisserie on my way home from work and picked up some yummy bourbon and creme de mure macaroons for Trina, and when I got home, I found that she had made grilled lamb chops with roasted fingerling potatoes and brussels sprouts! what a magnificent wife I have, indeed! (check Trina's blog in the near future for pictures and more on the cooking) :)

we have also acquired this lovely little paperwhite, named Antoinette.



in other news, I got Radiohead's new album, In Rainbows, and I thought the packaging was quite interesting, so here it is. It comes in this little cardboard parcel type thing:



inside the parcel is a cardboard sleeve with the CD in, the album booklet, and two sheets of stickers, which you can stick to a jewel case on the front, back and sides to make the case for the CD:



so, I put them all together, et voila:



by the way, this is my favorite album of theirs yet, and I love all their music. so if you like them and you haven't heard this album yet, do so, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment