2008-01-28

thoughts... and other things

Last night Mansfield Park was on, so we were watching it, and at the very end, after Edmund and Fanny are married, they are dancing together at the wedding, and Fanny asks Edmund, "Is it possible to be this happy?" To which he replies, "Yes!" and they continue dancing as the credits roll.

It got me thinking about why I like these kinds of movies, and it hit me - I'm asking myself this question regularly, because I so often feel like that - "is a relationship with another person really supposed to ever be able to be this good?" It feels like I could/should be in a fairy tale, like I might wake up and realize that no, it really isn't possible, and I've just been dreaming.

I can't believe how lucky I am. I love my wife so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment