2008-04-19

Friday Night Movies

Last night we went to the CineMagic Theater on Hawthorne to see the film Be Kind Rewind.





The film is by our favorite director, Michel Gondry, who has also done Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Science of Sleep, both of which are in our top favorite movies. We went with our friend Theresa and our friends Michael and Dara, and Michael's brother, who was in town from New Jersey for the week.

The film was absolutely hilarious, one of the best comedies I've seen in a while. And, to coincide with themes from his other films, gives a picture of both how difficult life can be, but as well, how we can create a reality of closeness and peace in the midst of difficulty. It's all about what we do with life. As with his other films, we came away from it feeling like the world isn't quite as scary or depressing as we might have thought, we all felt light and hopeful and glad to be here.



Anyway, if you have a chance, I'd highly recommend seeing it, especially with good friends. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. i do want to see it! hmmm... i will have to get my hands on it somehow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, my husband and I were talking about going and seeing a movie this afternoon. I use to see Indie or foreign films all of the time down in San Jose but now that I'm here I haven't seen much (too busy and lack of selection). I declined to go see a film because I didn't even know what was out (me decline an invitation to the movies?!). I just figured if I happened to hear of a movie from someone I'd consider it. I really liked Science of Sleep and Eternal Sunshine is one of only a handful of films I own because I consider it having it on it I feel the need to watch it. Glad you mentioned this film.. I shall go see the new Gondry film!

    Nice picture of you and your friends. I'm sure a good time was had by all :)

    ReplyDelete