2008-05-29

garden update :)

This morning before I hopped on the bus, I was able to make it out to take a few quick pictures of the current state of our garden :) It's been raining all last weekend and this week, but it hasn't been very cold, so our veggies have kind of taken off with a bang. It's getting to the point where we're going to need to do some weeding pretty soon too, I think. There are little green sprouts poking up everywhere (including everywhere we didn't plant things), so we'll see what they actually are once they get a little bigger. Anyway, on to the pictures!

Little beet sprouts :)


The spinach and lettuce have really taken off - I can't wait to make our first salads or something with wilted spinach or raviolis with fresh spinach in them... the possibilities are endless :)




Strawberries!




Our tomato plants are getting huge as well - we planted them from starts, but they're probably 5 times as big as when we planted them:


Butternut squash and zucchini:




Our little herb section:






Onions:


Peas and beans:




Radishes:



Well, this concludes our tour of the garden for today, hope you had fun, and we'll look forward to seeing you again sometime :) Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks delightful! I'm so glad I stopped by to see it! I love gardening too. I should take some pics of my budding plants too. They give me so much peace and delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's grown just since I was out there the other day. I can't wait 'til we can start eating things.
    T

    ReplyDelete