2008-06-19

today...

Well, today started off with me getting a spontaneous bloody nose and dripping on the white shirt I had just put on. Thankfully we were able to wash it out with cold water immediately, and it came out entirely. So, I finished getting ready for work, made it out the back door, down the steps, and realized I was wearing my slippers. Yeah, that kind of day.

We heard from the insurance inspector guy regarding the car - he said somebody should be going to look at the car in the next day or two, we'll collect all the data about what happened and what the damage looks like, and then they will get in touch with Les Schwab (I didn't mention in my first post, but we just got the battery replaced at Les Schwab about a month and a half to two months ago, and we haven't touched it or even lifted up the back seat since then).

So... we'll have to see what happens. Maybe we can get some money from Les Schwab, since it was the battery that started the fire, and the car wasn't running or anything, and we hadn't tampered with anything.

All this waiting to find out what is going to happen has gotten me thinking about why waiting is so hard for humans. I mean, I know consciously that whether I feel impatient or not, whether I worry or not, it won't affect the outcome of whatever happens with the insurance. Why is it so hard for me then to just be patient and not worry about it and just let it be until we hear something? Why do I feel such a need to have it over with and done and why is it so stressful to wait? I don't know... another irrationality of being human, I guess.

Hope y'all are having a wonderful week. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment