2008-07-03

I've been tagged! It's true!

Ashley over at Kitty Genius has tagged me! So, here goes :)

What I was doing 10 years ago: Ten years ago I was just finishing my first year at Mt. Hood Community College, I had funny hair, and wore tye-dyed t-shirts. I was taking calculus classes all summer (ugh), and I didn't know it then, but I would meet my future wife the coming autumn. Life would never be the same (and boy is that a good thing!) :)

What is on your to-do list today (in no particular order)?


  • Eat Lunch

  • Make it through the rest of the work day

  • Ride my bike home from work

  • Make or buy dinner and then eat it

  • Take the bus down to first thursday in the Pearl District to meet our friend Melissa and see her friends play music

  • Take the bus back home, and water our vegetable garden and flower garden

  • Hopefully read a little before going to bed - I'm so close to finishing my book!



Snacks I enjoy: Lately I've been craving beef jerky like nothing else - which is really weird, cuz I usually don't really like it all that much. I really enjoy snacking on nuts in general, especially almonds and pistachios. I also love nori maki (japanese rice crackers with seaweed), and Annie's White Cheddar Bunnies.

Things I would I do if I was a billionaire:


  • I think I would also give a good chunk of it away to various organizations both locally and globally - things to help with poverty and sex trade and homeless children and disease, abuse victims, those kinds of things.

  • I think at this point we (Trina and I) would probably move to the French countryside, or maybe to Reykjavik, Iceland and live in a small house or flat there, buy food from local farmers, cook fantastic dishes, ride bikes everywhere, and live creatively and expressively (most of which we do already in Portland, but seems somehow more romantic in France or Iceland) :)

  • We would also attempt to bribe a few select people to come live with us, by paying their way over

  • Wherever we ended up, I think we would give our coffee shop/art space idea a go, since we'd have our own funding for it.

  • *update* I would also make a few changes to my wardrobe, including (but not exclusively limited to) a couple of nice suits, some nice shirts, a nice pair of black wingtip shoes, some interesting t-shirts, biella giacomo men's placed argyle socks as well as biella agosto men's argyles (those things are amazing), a really nice fitting wool sport coat for the autumn/winter, some really nice straight-legged jeans and slacks, and probably a second fedora, for good measure :) Oh yeah, almost forgot, a nice pair of black Beatle Boots.



Places I have lived:
Portland, OR (and suburbs thereof); Vilnius, Lithuania

Jobs I have had: clerk at Postal Annex, McDonalds pawn, and then shift manager, web developer, computer support analyst (which basically includes web design and development, programming, computer support, developing of computer systems and policies (on a small level), and school and university wide interaction with faculty, staff and students, training, education, etc).

I shall tag....

Trina!
Vanessa!
Amy!
Alina!

As a side-note, we had a huge thunderstorm last night, with torrential downpour and lightning across the whole sky, booming thunder, it was amazing. Trina saw more of it, as she was having a hard time sleeping, but what I did see was wonderful.

Happy Thursday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment