2008-09-17

the perfect bike commute

this morning was the perfect bike commute. partly cloudy, cool morning. panniers packed and ready for the trip to work. Trina on her bike next to me. leaving a bit early to make sure we get her to work on time. we pull out of the parking lot, head over to Clinton. there was an unusually high amount of car traffic on Clinton, usually there is hardly any. this was ok though, as it encouraged us to stay to the side and ride slowly. we cruised easily down to about 18th and Clinton, and as we had plenty of time, we decided to stop at a small coffee shop there and have a macchiato (the real kind). we left the coffee shop and cruised the rest of the way down Clinton, across the railroad tracks, across 12th, and then over to Powell, and up the last couple of blocks to Sock Dreams. Trina pulled her bike up to the door, came back to get her lunch out of my bags, and we kissed goodbye. I headed over the bridge, down to the tram.

From Miscellaneous Portland Pictures

From Miscellaneous Portland Pictures

From Miscellaneous Portland Pictures

From Miscellaneous Portland Pictures

On the way up the tram, another lady with a bike commented on my bike, so I was telling her about it, that it's super comfortable to ride, really practical for everyday errands and such, not to mention, as she noted, nice to look at :)

After work, I rode down the hill, over the bridge, and met Trina at Sock Dreams. Dara and Brigid were there as well, just closing up for the day.

From Biking

Dara was taking their dog, Pumpkin, home on her bike :)

From Biking

From Biking

Trina and I decided to head off and go get some dinner at Savoy on Clinton, and then we casually rode home to pick some veggies from the garden and enjoy the wonderful cool evening.

From Biking

From Biking

From Biking

From Biking

All in all, it was a perfect day of commuting by bike, relaxed, fun, with someone I love... and the weather was perfectly accommodating. Hope you all had a great Wednesday!

*edit* Trina has decided to name her bike Matilda, or Tilly for short. I'm still working on a name for mine - more on that soon :)

2 comments:

  1. I think Tilly is a perfectly suitable name for a bike :) Atre you getting closer to finding a name for yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bikes. Dutch style bikes are the way to go. I have a 40+ year old one :)

    ReplyDelete