2008-10-13

weekend! :)

We had a lovely weekend this weekend -

Saturday morning we woke up before the crack of dawn (not as hard to do these days), and our friends Theresa, Michael, Dara and Brigid came over and we all caravanned our way out to the Oregon City School Sale that the Oregon City School District has every year, to sell of things they want to get rid of for really really cheap.

From School Sale '08

From School Sale '08

From School Sale '08

We got a number of very fun things, which I'm sure we will take pictures of soon so that we can show them to you all, humble viewers. It was freezing cold out, and by the time we were done our toes were numb and our noses were red and runny, so we decided to head to Broder Cafe on SE Clinton ST for brunch with Michael, Dara, and Brigid.

From School Sale '08

From School Sale '08

From School Sale '08

Brunch was amazing, as always there, and we had a great time talking and laughing and warming up our toes.

We went home and spent some time relaxing, and then moved our bed frame into the basement, as we were having some people come to look at it that afternoon. They came, and decided to buy it, so we decided to go put down the rest of the money for the La Pavoni Espresso Machine we put a deposit down on last weekend :) It is now sitting in our kitchen, looking all shiny and wonderful.

From Misc

Saturday night we made some delicious lentil soup with pork/garlic sausage, and then headed to bed.

Sunday we woke up late, and while Trina was taking a shower, I rode my bike over to PastaWorks on Hawthorne and got some bacon and eggs to cook up for breakfast. We had a lovely breakfast, and then I ran over to Michael and Dara's place to have him show me how to adjust my chain tension on my bike. I came back home, and Trina and I rode back to PastaWorks to get some stuff for dinner, as we had a coupon for 1 lb of fresh pasta from them. We decided to use it to make manicotti.

From Biking

After that, we went to Joann's Fabrics to get some fabric and odds and ends for Trina, and then stopped to get a few household supplies. By the time we got home, it was about 7.30pm and we hadn't started making the manicotti yet... Thankfully it goes together pretty quickly, and we baked it and ate the delicious results very quickly. We watched some TV for a little bit and then fed the cats and headed to bed.

This morning we woke up early enough for Trina to ride with me to work, so we got ready and packed up our things, and headed out into the (not too) chilly morning, bundled appropriately.

From Biking

From Biking

I dropped off Trina and her lunch at Sock Dreams, and then took the long route over to the Hawthorne Bridge, and down along the waterfront to the bottom of the tram - got some coffee, and took a few pictures while I sipped away.

From Biking

From Biking

From Biking


I really like the scarf with the blazer, it feels kind of like a cravat, and keeps your neck nice and warm as well :)

Here's another video of our jaunt to Pastaworks yesterday and part of my commute today. Cheers! :)

3 comments:

  1. my dear david. . .
    i love love love your posts! they help me feel connected to the beauty that Oregon holds especially in fall. and what i enjoy the most, is that they keep me connected with you two! i miss you two immensly! it sounds like you are doing well. keep me updated.
    love and miss you both. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. snappy blazer & hat! =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. why thank you :) (to both of you)

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete